The Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ISNT) is a non-profit, professional body of technologists, engineers, scientists, academicians and researchers in India, who are engaged in the field of non-destructive testing. Since its inception in the year 1972, it has matured and established itself at the international level having stature and recognition. Currently, ISNT has nearly 5000+ members spread over 20 chapters in India covering all the demographic zones with its headquarters being located at Chennai. ISNT has the primary responsibility of promoting the awareness of NDT science and technology through education, research and exchange of technical information within the country and internationally to its members and other professionals. Some of the major objectives of ISNT are:
- To organize professional courses / workshops / seminars in various fields of NDE and to create forum for exchange of information & ideas among the NDE practitioners & professionals.
- To promote the use of approved international and national standards in NDE and related areas by Indian industry in consultation with the Bureau of Indian Standards.
- To help in preparation of new Indian standards and updating old standards in NDE.
- To co-ordinate with universities, academic institutions and government bodies for initiating new projects on the development of various NDE techniques.
- To interact and co-ordinate with other national associations and NDE societies from other countries to help build a international community of NDT professionals
- To conduct training and certification courses in various NDT techniques in accordance to both Indian and International standards and help develop human resources for the growth of the nation
- To publish quarterly journals and books on various NDT related topics to enrich the members with the latest information on technology, products, patents and related topics
Make ISNT your preferred platform for networking, knowledge sharing and dissemination, enhancing skills and driving growth both for yourself and the nation.
For more information on ISNT, visit www.isnt.in